Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Night Before School Jitters

Yep...I got 'em. I know, those of you who know me well are yelling at your computers "bologna, never been nervous in her life" Well, you are wrong. I always get a little jumpy the night before. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

I LOVE the first day of school, always have. I remember getting all dressed up for kindergarten(even though I fought my mom, cuz I didn't want to wear a dress-"boys don't have to wear dresses") The sassy Dorothy Hamill haircut in the 5th grade. I remember the scratchy polyester herringbone uniform from Junior High. And the freedom of walking into High School, knowing I chose to go to EFA rather than Notre Dame(no more Catholic School for this chick!)

It's no different now, I love the new school supplies and the fact that you get a "do over" each year. Fresh start, fresh faces. The chance to make a difference or have one made in your life. I LOVE IT.

But tonight...I'm apprehensive. Change is entering my workplace. Some change is good, lots of change I am not too sure about. We shall see. The boys are both in different settings(Cody in Kindergarten and Jake at a middle school where he knows kids but all his best buds are elsewhere). Stress effects my vocal cords sooooo I'm trying not to stress out about it. Just let it all work itself out.

I have a great plan in place for mission "reduce verbalization". Stop laughing...it could happen. Geez, I love to talk. I do. And read out loud and really ham it up for the kids, and you guys too.(my two readers) I am hopeful, optimistic and energized. Good things are on the way, you will see and I am going to tackle this like everything else in my life. Jump in with both feet and hang on for a wild ride. Join me won't you?

Mel out!

No comments:

Post a Comment