Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rock Star!

I felt like a rock star today...well, I guess I imagine I felt the same rush as a rock star. Stood in the hallway at "my post" like I have done every day of school for the past 14 years and accepted every hug and high five I could possibly muster without hurting someone. I love my job! Where else can you get that much sincere lovin'.

I had cried all the way to work thinking about my boys entering their new situations(middle school and kindergarten). I felt old, like time had passed so quickly and I worried. I worried Jake wouldn't find his classes or have any buddies in them. I worried that Cody would be too scared(he kept saying he was nervous) and cry at school-I hate when they cry at school, breaks your heart. So I needed all the lovin' I could get and boy did they bring it! Upon walking in to the cafeteria I had shouts from all corners and kids risking breaking the rules to rush me for a squeeze. Lots of the kids even remembered that I had surgery over the summer. They asked about my voice and if the students were being good. Man, I love those kiddos.

My plan went well and because I have so many students from the first grade next to me now in my second grade class I had them do the explaining for me. It was perfect. (I'm knocking on wood right now-can't hurt). The students were attentive, fun, engaged---maybe they were scared or tired. You can never really tell the first day. I will keep y'all posted. Right now I am riding high on SUCCESS. I'll take it and I will see what tomorrow brings.

Best part about today...I was able to have dinnertime conversation with the boys about their first day of school and Jake even said, "Hey mom your voice sounds great, didn't you have to talk a lot today?" And my throat is not sore at all. I am grinning like a goofy kid tonight.

"Go Melissa, it's yo birthday, go and party like it's yo birthday" I know HK is singing anyone else?

Mel out!

No comments:

Post a Comment