Sunday, September 27, 2009

One Week Later...

I concentrated on vocal rest this week. Not bad. Only spoke to the chosen few. I'm getting really good at deciding who is "speech worthy". I did rather well with the whole thing. The kids are fabulous(school kids). My own personal kids are still testing the waters. Oh well. The only bad part to the week was a mishap while consuming my usual gallons of water each day. It just went down the wrong way and I had a major coughing fit. Tears rolled down my cheeks and the kids kept asking, "Are you ok Ms. Bilyo". The hang on 1 sec hand motion meant nothing to them. I went to the hallway to recover. After that my throat hurt for a couple days. YIKES! Note to self...don't cough unless you really, really have to.

For the most part, life is really good and I am enjoying the ride right now. That's all I can do. I start teaching Kindergarten Religious Education on Tuesday(no snickers, apparently they are letting anyone teach religion these days). We shall see how that factors into my vocal cord irritation.

Mel out!

No comments:

Post a Comment