Sunday, September 20, 2009

Social Speaking 101 (review class required)

Enjoyed my first Pub Crawl. Yep, good time. We drank, we talked, we laughed, we danced and of course...we sang. I did everything I'm not supposed to do. Well the dancing was ok but with dancing comes singing...no, no, no. Can I help it that it was a cover band and I knew every song? Could I help it that we knew one of the wives and they requested Bon Jovi just for me? Can I help it that it was a beautiful day with really fun girlies to hang with? I know, I know self control is an issue here. Story of my life! The bars were loud(not supposed to talk "over" anyone etc). The band was loud too. The girls were hysterical and I just plain love to talk. Also, this was the first full week of school and I had curriculum night. I already had a few extra hours of talking on the record books.

I have learned my lesson though. Jake called me at 8:30 AM(Geesh kid, ever sleep in?) He just wanted to chat. My voice was strained and he felt bad keeping me on the phone. It was my choice to abuse my voice, he shouldn't have to pay for it. I need to save my voice for those who are important to me. I guess you will know if you are one of the chosen few if I return the banter. (Hee, hee!) So back to the recommendations for vocal rest this week. I have already begun today with a few hours of silence and some nice warm tea. Thank goodness for txt messaging.

Mel out!

No comments:

Post a Comment