Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ok...so I may have panicked. I can soooo do this!

Went to school today for the final, yes I say FINAL time before Tuesday. If it isn't ready the 7 year olds won't even know right? Right. But I did make a pretty good plan of action for the pantomime routine that will be my teaching style from now on. Granted I can talk I just have to cut back on the talking, the volume has to come down and I can't animate it as much as with growling, clearing-you know the fun stuff the kids love when you read to them out loud. Oh well. I will adjust and the kids will do the animation for me.

I found these great signs that say everything I need. Sit down. Raise your hand. Clean up. Line up quietly etc. I will flag those babies around every chance I get. The first day of school I will just lay it on the line...this is how it is I do not repeat and that is that. I have my microphone still and it has an extra so I will let the kids use the microphone to repeat the directions so I don't have to and anything that has to be read aloud, they can do that too. They love to use microphones. They will be "kid coaches" or my "co -teachers" or something like that I can not think of anything really catchy this late.

I will use the time at lunch, specials, recess, before and after school for vocal rest. Keep quiet in the hall when walking with the kids. Continue the water hydration and stay out of loud situations on the weekends when I am being social. No yelling at sporting events, do not talk over people in loud rooms like restaurants etc. Then maybe I can save my voice for singing a bit. I do miss it.

I can totally do this. Piece of cake. Well.....I will try anyhow. Never been really good at keeping quiet. But I don't have to anymore I just have to make some adjustments and stick to them. I got this. You'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment