Monday, July 6, 2009

Already spoke, darn it!

I made it through the recovery room but once I was on my own...oh well. The dog was following me up the stairs and of course I said "stay", I knew I should have gotten rid of that dog last week. Anyway, surgery went well. The Doctor was able to use the laser to remove the nodules. 2 hour surgery but they kept me there for what seemed like forever afterward. (not really, I was home by 2 PM) Killer headache, jaw pain, I can't stop peeing and I smell like the anesthesia--I know TMI and gross- oh well. Stop reading now, I'm sure it will only get worse with time.

The funniest thing came after surgery though. Everyone knew I was under "strict voice restriction" it was posted EVERYWHERE. So anyone who spoke to me ended up shouting at me and speaking very slowly as if I were deaf. I started laughing which I then had to stop, of course. It was a very TV comedy moment.

I would like to thank all the well wishers from Facebook etc. and send a HUGE thank you to my Mom and Dad. They woke up really early this morning, waited for me for a good portion of the day, drove me back and forth, got the prescriptions and continue to take care of me as I lay around here at home. So thank you Mom and Dad, I am very lucky to have you here with me and I know it.

Stay tuned, I'm sure that there will be more to tell, if anyone cares that is.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Girly! This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa!
    I am glad you seem to be in good spirits! I am thinking of you and hope you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete