Monday, July 20, 2009

Not gonna catch me Coppah!

So yeah the Johnny Depp movie rubbed off on me a little. Baby Face Bilyo and the Roth Girls were heading for an adventurous afternoon. We were dressed to the nines and we knew it. Nothing was gonna stop us from making our hit. Destination: Clymer, NY St. Matthias Church. Quaint little chapel surrounded by a cornfield. With GPS in hand Carrie navigated from the backseat and Steph with mapquest directions in hand assisted from the front. I drove the get away car. My mission: get us there on time(yes we were cutting it close) Country back roads led the way, very stealth mission-in and out and nobody gets hurt. Pay attention to speed limit signs? Please? Why would we do that? We were too busy looking for Route 21 and you know country roads for the most part are 55. Well, not this one, 30 here, 45 here, back to 30(we noticed this after the lights were blazing behind us).

Yep, with lights a blazin the fuzz bore down on us. I pulled over well before the sirens blared, no need for more attention we were trying to keep a low profile. The officer cautiously came up along side the vehicle, checking in the windows upon approach. I had my white board perched on my lap ready for communication. He said "Hi there Ladies!" I waved and bit my lip. Steph stepped in and relayed the important information "She wants me to let you know she cannot speak due to a surgical procedure". He looked confused but went with it. He asked sternly, "Do you know why I pulled you over? I wrote guessing speed? I was looking for the County Route 21 sign and I didn't see a speed limit sign. He said, "That is exactly why I pulled you over I had you clocked at 53 in a 30." We all gasped a little, YIKES. I figured I was going 45 but whatever. He took my license and registration and went to run it through the system. I hoped there weren't any warrants out for me. (Hey, ya never know)

The officer returned about 5 minutes later shaking his head, not a good sign to me. He spoke slowly and with defeat..." I can't believe I'm gonna do this but I'm going to let you go with a verbal warning. Just slow down, please slow way down." Then he helped us with directions and sent us on our way. Phew..... very lucky, I know this all too well. My brother(the cop) would have given me 2 tickets just to teach me a lesson. I signed sorry and thank you to the kind officer. We were off...

Got to the wedding in just the nick of time. It was a beautiful ceremony. The bride was a vision. The priest was had a very thick accent and at one point Lexy, who sat to my left, reached in my purse to get the mini magna doodle to offer it to him for clarification. It was hysterical! We then got lost(again) for a few minutes but regrouped, refocused, reprogrammed and we were on our way to the reception. We all needed a drink at this point!

Reception was nice, everything looked so beautiful and the food was fabulous! We danced, we drank something I'm pretty sure was borderline moonshine(had the headache to prove it and I didn't even have that much) and I kept my big mouth shut. Guests kept coming up to Carrie and Steph saying, "And why doesn't your friend speak?" It didn't keep me from dancing and lip syncing. Good times, good times. I wonder what other trouble I can cause over the next two weeks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment