Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tear jerker of a night...

So the boys are going with their dad for a week because of the surgery. Since I won't be able to speak for 7 full days and then only sigh and yawn for the next several days it makes perfect sense. But I am used to seeing my boys every day, well almost every day. When we are away for long periods(long for me is a weekend) we call every night to say goodnight. I won't be able to do that the whole week they are gone and it is killing me to think of it. Sooooo...tonight I sat and wrote letters to them I am calling "Nitey Nite Notes". I know you think I'm queer, I don't care-these are my kids, they are my heart. They will hopefully open one for every night that we are away from each other and I hope that they will feel how much I love them. I hope that they have fun of course and the time flies for them, and for me. I cried thinking about it and then my wonderful friend Jenn Starr, the true star that she is to me, phoned. As if on cue(which is so like her) she had a story about going on a blind date (guy #5-she can work it!) and while they were walking down a street chatting and gazing into each other's eyes, she slammed into a pole. Yes SLAM! She made me laugh so hard the tears fell again, this time with a smile. Thanks Jenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment