Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stir crazy!

Yes I'm going a little stir crazy and today was my first day on my own, so that's not a good sign. I didn't feel like venturing out on my own just yet. So I ended up doing all the laundry in the house and read for an hour outside. It was a little chilly out there though. I also managed to take a 3 mile run. It actually felt really good. Normal.

I can't say sleeping was better last night though, I woke every 4 hours. Not sure why other than I really needed a drink of water each time. My throat was soooooo dry. Food is starting to taste better but it's not easy to chew or swallow yet. The kicker is I have not lost one pound! Whatever!

Tomorrow morning I am getting out of this house! I'm gonna go on a photo shoot. I'll be the crazy tourist looking woman who doesn't speak, just smiles as she snaps and snaps and snaps. Ha, ha! Then I will sit by the pool for the afternoon and work on my tan. I'm going to start thinking of this as "vacation" rather than "recovery".

2 comments:

  1. What kind of pain medication are you taking? When I had my sinus surgery I could not sleep. After a few nights I started taking Benadryl at night and that helped a whole lot. How long does it take you to run 3 miles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am only taking tylenol and advil right now they gave me better stuff in the hospital. It takes me about 30-35 minutes ( a 5k is 3.2 miles) but that's only when I'm racing I don't usually run very fast when I'm training. A friend suggested interval training, I need to learn more.

    ReplyDelete