Sunday, July 5, 2009

Twas the night before surgery

Twas the night before surgery and Melissa was frantically cleaning the house.
Why? Because it took her mind off the impending dread that the morning would bring that's why.

Well, how did I spend my last day of speaking? I talked to every family member and friend possible, sang to every song on the radio in the car, yelled at the dog, hummed, whistled, whispered etc. the whole kit and caboodle. I did my nodules proud. And it felt damn good. I even recorded my voice so that when I can finally speak I can compare the two. When my son Cody had his tonsils out he sounded like he was sucking helium forever so I am curious what I will eventually sound like. The Doc promises I will be able sing afterward(yes he did comment that he was not a miracle worker so he hoped I could sing prior-ha ha everyone is a comedian)

I'm nervous and worried and wished that a prescription of valum had been given. It wasn't so I am having my last meal of the night 10:15 PM and heading off to sleep. (let's be realistic, I will be rearranging my closet at about 2 AM-I won't be able to sleep)

Surgery is at 8:45 keep those fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment