Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've had all I can stands...

"I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more!"(Popeye) I need more than spinach to get me through this.

I know it was a woman who invented summer camp. Well, I should say I think that because I am at the breaking point. She knew what she was doing, ship 'em out and save your sanity. I wish I had the funds for summer camp. No matter what I suggest it is not more fun than the Wii. And I'm not allowing the Wii on a sunny summer day. Pool? Good for about 30 minutes tops. Swingset? 30. Walking the dog? 45 mins. Playground? 30minutes. The other stuff costs major money. Have you gone bowling lately? Or to play putt, putt? Geeeeesh!

God forbid I try to do some laundry while clouds and rain surround us. They want me to entertain them 24/7. Why can't you- read a book...clean your room...color(ya know the thing with crayons and a pre-made picture, been around FOREVER) They act like I'm asking them to solve the economic problem in this country or to scrub the toilets.

I know things are different now but I remember waking up on a summer day early, putting on my bathing suit under my clothes (just in case a kind friend invited me to swim) hopped on my bike and be gone ALL DAY. I could always find something to occupy my time. These two boys of mine are "bored" no matter what hoops I jump through. I'm exhausted and I have been bumped up to speaking for 5 mins. per hour but it is very uncomfortable. My throat is sore and it's making me cranky.

I would like to run away for a nice long 4 day weekend just for me, but I'm broke so I'll just hop on my swing in the backyard with a glass of wine and pretend I guess. Deep breaths count to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment